General Author Guidelines
- The Manuscript should be written in Indonesian or English and have never been published or is not in the process of submission for publication to other media and does not contain elements of plagiarism.
- The Manuscript may take the form of research, case studies, or literary studies.
- The author should register as an author. The guides to register and submit the paper is at the bottom.
- The Manuscript will publish in Historia Madania: Jurnal Ilmu Sejarah after being reviewed by peer reviewers.
- The Manuscript should be prepared according to the following author guidelines and Template. The writing template can be downloaded here.
Manuscript Preparation Guidelines
Structure of the manuscripts
- Title. The title should be short, bright, and informative, but does not exceed 12 words. It has to be pinpoint with the issues discussed. The article title does not contain any uncommon abbreviations. The main ideas should be written first and followed then by its explanations.
- Author’s names and institutions. The author's names should be accompanied by the author's institutions, institutions address, and email addresses, without any academic titles and job title.
- Abstract. The abstract is written in italic English or Arabic with a maximum of 250 words. It should briefly describe the purpose of the study, method(s), results and discussion, conclusion and significance of the study. The abstract is clearly described as the core of the study.
- Keywords. consist of 3 to 5 important words chosen to reflect the concept of the article and to help access to searches on the Internet
- Introduction. This part pervades the background of the study and provides the significance of the study. A brief description of the theory used in this research should be explained in this section. It is containing the previous research to show the gap analysis and the author’s position in this study. It must also give state of the art and it must point out the research questions. In this part, the author(s) should use references (quotations) to support the argumentation. For instance: Badri Yatim, Sejarah Peradaban Islam (Jakarta: Rajagrafindo Persada, 1993), 10-11, for shortened notes ex: Yatim, Sejarah Peradaban Islam, 10-11. It should use the Chicago Manual style and are expected to use reference managers such as Mendeley, Zotero, and those kinds of things.
- Method. In this section, the author(s) has to mention the method and the approach used in this study. It should explain the details of research procedures; design of the study; data collection; and data analysis.
- Result and Discussion. This section shows the results of the study and deep analysis or discussion which answers the research questions. In addition, the author (s) must discuss the findings by strengthening the reason with supporting details taken from any references such as scientific journal, book, and the other reliable sources
- Conclusions. It contains the concluding paragraph and provides the implication, limitation, and suggestion for further study.
- References. The literature listed in the References contains only the sources referenced or included in the article. Please use Reference Manager Applications like EndNote, Mendeley, Zotero, etc. Writing techniques bibliography, using the system cites Chicago Manual Style 16th edition (full note, no ibid).